The How's and Why's

New Video Coming Soon...

Start Date:

March 15, 2015

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

ACHIEVING MY GOALS 



I have been silent on my blog for a long time...

After passing my test and getting into my career as a Doctor of Physical Therapy, I would often come back to my blog and think "what should I write today"?  The same answer kept coming to me.  "Vance, this blog was a means of helping you achieve your goals, and it's time to move on".  
However, I felt sad leaving the blog that had been such a crucial part of me achieving my goals, so I added a post here and there, but I never felt like I had closure, and I didn't know if I wanted to ever have complete closure on this crucial pool of learning that had become a valuable tool for me.

So after much deliberation I decided to post occasional updates on how my goals have trickled into existence and what I am learning...which is what this post is for today!

First of all, I have to make mention that I have continued all the things that helped me be successful in passing The TEST!  I continue to read and listen to self development books nearly every day.  I have learned to study the material and apply it better, but am still working on the process.  I have developed relationships and a mastermind group to discuss and build upon ideas.  I attempted to buy a business, which became a failure, or in other words a wonderful learning opportunity.  I then progressed from a stagnant job that had little potential for growth to one that is open to opportunity and learning with exciting and progressive minds to work with!  I have had ups and downs on my dedication to my goals and self improvement habits, but ultimately I feel like every day I am growing and learning and progressing...which ultimately is my overall goal, the umbrella, for all other goals to fall under.   

I am not where I want to be by any means, but I am so happy, and grateful, for where I am and the opportunities that keep rolling into my life.  I have a website that I will launch this year, videos that I am making, and a book that I am co-writing!  I am experiencing and trying things at a whole new level and am learning at an incredible rate, because the more I TRY the more I FAIL and the more I LEARN, which will eventually lead to ACHIEVING more of my GOALS!

The beginning of 2015, when I created this blog, I was trying to pass my boards exam, had no idea if I would ever be a Physical Therapist, and didn't know where my life would be.  I set a list of goals that were BIG and SCARY at the time.  One of those goals was to build a home by the end of MARCH of 2017.  As you can see by the picture, that goal will be achieved...okay, not by March, but by May and I'm okay with that!  I have increased my income to where I wanted to be in 2 years, which is more than I thought would be possible, and I am going on the vacations I wanted to be going on by this point.  

I AM REACHING EVERY GOAL THAT I SET!

I am so excited to continue on this path of breaking down my self limiting barriers and continued growth and progression EVERY DAY!!!
YOU CAN DO IT TOO!!!
I am accomplishing my goals because I dedicated myself to learning how.  You can do the same.  You can accomplish whatever it is that you desire the most.  It has taken work...HARD WORK...and there has been frustrating days with highs and lows in emotions.  I am not saying this has been any easy process by any means, but if a person has passion about a dream, is willing to learn correct principles and abide by them in Faith, and then put every ounce of effort he has into obtaining that goal...then he will obtain it!
I will continue to try every day to DO BETTER, and in return I will continue to have the growth and achieve the goals that I want...AND YOU CAN TOO!
Good luck to you and your dreams!!!

1 comment:

  1. So thrilled for you, getting your crap together & especially building a new home. I miss seeing you....

    ReplyDelete