The How's and Why's

New Video Coming Soon...

Start Date:

March 15, 2015

Monday, September 21, 2015

Principles on Prosperity

I had the opportunity to travel out to Chicago on a business trip.  I was going to learn from the top business minds in Physical Therapy, how to grow and build a successful company with the right team.  The ticket to the conference and hotel was extremely pricey.  My employer was so awesome to cover all the expenses but the plane ticket.  
I didn't exactly have a bunch of cash that I wanted to fork over to plane tickets, but I really wanted to go.  So I found another way.  My brother has been learning to use Credit Card promotions and miles to travel with his family.  He sent me a deal for a Chase United card that included a bunch of benefits including 55,000 miles.  All I had to do was spend $3000 in 3 months.  With my student loans and every day bills I figured that would be easy enough to do, but because I was short on time we recruited my wonderful Mother In Law to help us spend.  I gave one card to my wife and one card to her.  Between the two of them they accomplished spending the $3000 in relatively concise time, giving me eligibility to fly to Chicago for 50,000 miles and only having to pay tax fees.
On my travels I needed something good to listen to or read.  I was going to have a lot of travel time, so I figured I might as well listen to something productive.  Reading can make me have motion sickness so I opted for a lecture series I had been given by my brother.  
Image result for rick koerberThe 13 principles on prosperity is a series by Rick Koerber.  Many are familiar with Rick and what he does for work and even the recent legal problems he has had.  There are many critics out there and have accused him of many a things.  Despite the rumors and critics out there about him, I can't help but find truth all over his 13 principles of prosperity, which are:
  1. Principle #1 – God is the Author of Prosperity
  2. Principle #2 – Faith Begins with Self-Interest
  3. Principle #3 – Agency implies Stewardship
  4. Principle #4 – Perspective Determines Action
  5. Principle #5 – People Are Assets
  6. Principle #6 – Human Life Value is the Source and Creator of All Property Value
  7. Principle #7 – Dollars Follow Value
  8. Principle #8 – Exchange Creates Wealth
  9. Principle #9 – Profit is the Tool of Validation
  10. Principle #10 – Productivity is the Standard
  11. Principle #11 – Force Destroys Freedom and Prosperity
  12. Principle #12 – Collective Action has no Unique Moral Authority
  13. Principle #13 – Personal Liberty Requires Private Property
Here is the introduction video to the 13 principles (see link below).  You can get the lecture series off his website and listen about each in more detail.  The principles that he teaches are profound and have really changed how I view money and wealth.  
The key to it all is what I have blogged on recently...creating value and exchanging that value for something else that you value.  Although many don't agree with Ricks ethics and ideas, I found that he delivers truthful and powerful statements on realizing your "human life value" and how that can be used to accomplish your goals.
It just makes sense that the more value we create in ourselves through learning, education, developing skills and trades increases our value.  If we are more valuable other people are willing to give us more in return for our abilities.  This is how we achieve greater wealth in this life.  Take a listen for yourselves, it's very interesting and informative!

No comments:

Post a Comment