The How's and Why's

New Video Coming Soon...

Start Date:

March 15, 2015

Monday, June 22, 2015

Creating Value
Revisiting the principle!
(see my previous post on this topic)

When I first started this blog I was frustrated, angry, and feeling like a failure.  As I begin my 3rd month I find myself much happier with my current state and realizing I have so much more than I ever realized.
It is so easy to become focused on what we don't have, so much so it can become all consuming!  I still find myself struggling to battle this limiting mind set.  As I have began studying for my exam AGAIN, I have found myself completely drug down and thrown back into the battle against depression and negative self talk.  Starting my test studies has brought back all of my previous stress that I had work to decrease.
Whenever this type of feeling comes along I start thinking that if only I can make a lot of money it will help me to feel important, successful, and show that this test is not important.  As these thoughts have trickled through my mind I have again been reminded of really all I want to do in this life...CREATE VALUE!!!
Yes I would like money, a nice house, and to be successful in a career, but ultimately I only want to be able to create something that helps build others and bring them closer to greater truth.
If I want to be successful in life I need to find ways to create value.  Create value at my work, at my home, and in whatever occupation I choose to do.  If I create something or provide a service to others that assists and uplifts them, then anything else I want or need in this life will be provided.
I need to daily focus on how can I create greater value in the people and profession that details my life...then as I do so I will be successful in all things that are important to me!

To reflect my understanding of this principle I reviewed and updated my goals to indicate the pursuit of Value Creation to fulfill my affirmation statement and reach my goals

For more information and insights into the topic listen to Darren Hardy on the link below

http://www.darrendaily.com/need-more-money/

For a more comical but genius view on what is value, check out this TED Talk

http://www.ted.com/talks/rory_sutherland_life_lessons_from_an_ad_man?language=en#t-978632

No comments:

Post a Comment