The How's and Why's

New Video Coming Soon...

Start Date:

March 15, 2015

Friday, June 19, 2015

Why I stopped asking
"Why ME"
(and what I ask now)

MELTDOWN:
I have begun studying for my exam (hence the reason for decreased blog posts) and it has been difficult.
I am having a really hard time creating a desire to study even though I want more than anything to pass...which means I have to study!
So last weekend I was trying to study.  It was late, I was tired, and I was fighting this internal battle of I need to study vs. I don't want to study.  During this epic internal battle I lost it.  I started getting very frustrated and started talking myself down.  My wife kindly reminded me of the damage of what I was saying.  With the frustration building inside, but realizing she was right, I stood up and walked to my bedroom where I decided I better have a little convo with God about my current situation.  As soon as I got in my room I completely broke down.
It was as if I couldn't control my emotions and every feeling of depression, anger, and frustration all coming pouring out of my face at once!   I couldn't control nor did I want to.  After a few minuets of this my body slowly receded out the emotional shock I was in and I decided to continue on with my original idea to pray to God.
I can't say anything amazing happened such as an angel appearing to me or all of a sudden I knew everything was going to be okay.  But as I approached Heavenly Father in prayer I realized that asking "Why am I going through this", is not the right question for me.  I knew that the questions I needed answered was WHAT do I do now?  WHAT do I need to do to study correctly to pass?  WHAT can I learn from this experience?  WHAT do I do today that I didn't do yesterday?

Like a lightening strike I realized it doesn't matter Why!  Answering Why is not going to change my situation or help me improve!  Knowing WHAT to do next is really the only important question.
I'm not saying that finding an answer to why something has happened is bad, it can help us understand and release emotional confusion and stress.  But answering the What questions is how we overcome and become all that we want.
Asking WHAT is the question for progression!



No comments:

Post a Comment