The How's and Why's

New Video Coming Soon...

Start Date:

March 15, 2015

Monday, August 3, 2015

Image result for personal discipline and success


Getting Back into my schedule!

Now that the excitement of Passing my Exam is over (okay not really...it's still REALLY EXCITING still), it's time to get back to my regular schedule.  I no longer have to study for the exam and put my time into that....Phewwww....but I do want, and need, to continue reading, learning, and studying life, leadership, and occupational skills.  This is my original schedule that I would like to stick with for now


5am

6am
 Wake up at 6am
6-6:50am MeditateReadApply (more info on these below)
7am
 6:50-7:10am Get ready to go to the gym and eat breakfast
7:10-8:00am drive to gym, workout, shower, and get ready for work
8am
WORK:
I work 4-10’s with Thursday and the weekend off.

**Those are the hours I see patients, sometimes I have lunch break to work on projects, but typically I have lunch meetings or notes to work on.  It also takes me 10-30 min after patient hours to wrap everything up.  Also, Tuesday night I spend at meetings for church until 8:30 and Thursday night from 9-11pm is reserved for basketball.










9am
10am
11am
12pm
1pm
2pm
3pm
4pm
5pm
6pm
7pm
8pm
 Depending on my shift and when I get home, I spend from 6/7-9pm eating and playing with my kids
9pm
 From when I put kids to bed (usually between 8-9pm) to 10pm is reserved for time talking with my wife and helping around the house
10pm
 10-11pm is my time to work on projects, read, or just unwind by watching Jimmy Fallon or sports highlights
11pm
 Be to bed by 11pm.  This is very difficult as I love to stay up late, making 12:00-12:30 my usual bed time
12am


Learning to be disciplined in keeping to a schedule is very important to personal growth!  I have read many quotes and thoughts on this very topic.  Those who have achieved high levels of success will attest to the principle that great success is linked to great control over one's self!  This is one of the key reasons I want to develop and stick to a strict schedule such as this.

Image result for personal discipline and success

2 comments:

  1. We are trying to do the same thing. President Hinckley once said that if you get up at 6am and go to bed at 10pm, you will be healthy, wealthy, and wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tough to do though isn't it!? It's amazing how hard it can become to get to bed at a decent time, but when you do it is amazing how much better I feel and what I can accomplish. You are so awesome it's probably easy for you!

      Delete